Software Design for Oil Industry Metrology Systems
Viorel Costin BANTA1, Dorian COJOCARU1, Mihnea Alexandru MOISESCU2,
Ioan Ștefan SACALĂ2
1 Faculty of Automation, Computers and Electronics, University of Craiova,
2 Automatics and Computer Science Faculty, University Politehnica of Bucharest
313 Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania
Abstract: This paper focuses on the integration of metrology principles in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. The authors discuss the development methodology and the implementation of a metrology oriented software application for the calibration of oil reservoirs. The application is integrated with an existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system of a large oil and gas company. The software application was developed in the SAP (System and Applications Products) programming environment ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming), using the latest Web Dynpro WD technology. The development methodology includes the analysis, implementation and testing of the software application. The application includes models: dispatcher model, body-leasing model, calibration given outside (fixed price). The metrology software application is presently being tested in a large oil and gas company and handles the management of tank oil calibration.
Keywords: Enterprise Resource Planning, Metrology System, Cyber-Physical Systems.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Viorel Costin BANTA, Dorian COJOCARU, Mihnea Alexandru MOISESCU, Ioan Ștefan SACALĂ, Software Design for Oil Industry Metrology Systems, Studies in Informatics and Control, ISSN 1220-1766, vol. 23 (4), pp. 359-370, 2014. https://doi.org/10.24846/v23i4y201406
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business process management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business and automate many back office functions related to technology, services and human resources . This concept, ERP-Enterprise Resource Planning, was introduced in 1990 by the Gartner Group, in order to define a new generation of manufacturing resource planning (MRP II) software, which later came to fill up the gap reflected by the evolution of application integration beyond manufacturing. The Gartner Group its clients oriented company which has as a main field of activity, IT solutions consultancy. MRP II is a method which helps companies, to involve the planning of all the regular resources, including without limitation, software applications, users skills and abilities, design of specific databases, and any other computer resources   . The concept purpose is to manage accurate the resources, in order to increase the performance and most of the productivity of the company , . For developing activity in a company, initially for each division where used separate software, accounting, business intelligence, human resources, inventory management, planning, manufacturing, sales, marketing, later came the ERP concept and his final target was to integrate all these software applications in one single software product . Overall the ERP has improved the process management of a business activity, he integrated and managed applications for all areas.. SAP, Oracle and Microsoft are the more well-known companies which deliver ERP software for large enterprises. SAP started in 1972 in Germany, is the largest inter-enterprise software company in the world, and one of the largest independent software supplier. The initial purpose of SAP was to provide to his customers the possibility to interact with a common corporate database for a broad software application. ESR its a new trend in SAP evolution. “Enterprise Services Repository is the central repository, which is part of SAP NetWeaver platform, where enterprise services, business objects, and business processes and their metadata is stored” . More or less ESR is the central repository information used in entire SAP NetWeaver Platform and if we want to make our application callable by services and integrated with other applications or business partners we have to use the principles of ESR . From this papers point of view, the interesting aspect is that we create a z-homemade application inside our installed enterprise resource planning software (SAP) . One used database for SAP is IBM DB2/DB6 which has the roots the beginning of the 1970.
- KELLER, E. L., Lessons Learned, Manufacturing Systems, vol. 17(11), pp. 44-50.
- CHEN, S. G. G., Y. K-K. LIN, Performance Analysis for Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, IEEM 2008, IEE International Conference, pp. 63-67.
- LEU, J. D., L. T. HUANG, Logistics Planning of the IC Manufacturing Industry: A Method based on the SAP-APO, Computers & Industrial Engineering, CIE 2009, pp. 760-766.
- ZHOU, Y., SAP Business by Design, Data Engineering, ICDE 2009. IEEE 25th International Conference, p. 1760.
- WEIDMANN, C., L. TEUBER, Conception and Installation of System Monitoring Using the SAP Solution Manager, 2009, Galileo Press.
- 6. PETER, M., T. POHL, Developing Enterprise Services for SAP, 2009, Galileo Press.
- LIN, C. C., D. H. SHIH, Information System Reengineering for Enterprise Resource Planning as Businesses Adapting to the E-business Era, Software Engineering, WCSE 2009, WRI World Congress, vol. 3, pp. 222-226.
- BANTA, V. C., D. COJOCARU, R. T. TANASIE, A Software Application for the Gas Transport and Distribution Management, Annals of the University of Craiova, Series: Automation, Computers, Electronics and Mechatronics, Vol. 10 (37), No. 2, 2012, ISSN 1841-0626, pages 1-6, Editura Universitaria, Craiova, 2013 (CNCSIS code 11 category B+, internationally indexed, starting with 2010, BDI Copernicus, Inspec).
- BANTA, V. C., D. COJOCARU, Development Center Tool a Software Application for Change Request Management, 17th International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing Joint Conference SINTES 17, SACCS 13, SIMSIS 17, ISBN 978-1-4799-2228-4, ISBN 978-1-4799-2227-7, IEEE Catalog Number CFP1336P – CDR, Sinaia, Romania, 11-13 October 2013, pp. 42-47.
- BANTA, V. C., D. COJOCARU, Calibration Oil Reservoirs – A Software Application for Metrology, International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing ICSTCC 2014, SINTES 18, SACCS 14, SIMSIS 18, October 2014, Sinaia, Romania.
- BANTA, V. C., D. COJOCARU, M. A. MOISESCU, I. S. SACALA, Release Management Tool – A Software Application for Release and Deployment Management, the 5th edition of the IACSIT / SCIEI / UASTRO International Conference on Optimization of the Smart systems and their Application in Aerospace, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Biomechanics, Neurorehabilitation and Human Motricities, ICMERA 201, Bucharest, Romania, October 2014.
- COSTETCHI, N., A. M. STANESCU, M. A. MOISESCU, I. S. SACALA, V. C. BANTA, Focused – Liquid Enterprise System Architecture to Support e-Health Applications, 2014, Annals of the UPB, Series: Automation, Computers, Electronics and Mechatronics. HG No. 193/2002 and OG 20/1992.
- BRML, PIV 017-05-02 Metrological Procedure for Liquid Storage Tanks, Edition 1, Revision 0/PV 017-05-01-07 Verification procedure for liquid storage tanks.
- SCHÄFER, M., M. MELICH, SAP Solution Manager, 2011, Galileo Press.
- HELFEN, M., and TRAUTHWEIN, H. M., Testing SAP Solutions, 2010, Galileo Press. pp. 23-135.
- KAPLAN, M., C. OEHLER, Implementing SAP Enhancement Packages, 2010, Galileo Press.
- LEHNERT, V., K. BONITZ, L. JUSTICE, Authorizations in SAP Software: Design and Configuration, 2010, Galileo Press.
- OROSZ, T., Analysis of SAP Development Tools and Methods, 2011, Intelligent Engineering Systems (INES), 15th IEEE International Conference, pp. 439-443.
- JARDIM-GONCALVES, R., A. GRILO, C. AGOSTINHO, F. LAMPATHAKI, Y. CHARALABIDIS, Systematisation of Interoperability Body of Knowledge: The Foundation for Enterprise Interoperability as a Science, Enterprise Information Systems, vol. 6(3), 2012, pp. 1-26.
- SACALĂ, I. S., M. A. MOISESCU, D. REPTA, Towards the Development of the Future Internet Based Enterprise in the Context of Cyber-Physical Systems, Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), 2013, pp. 405-412.
- BANCIU, D., I. PETRE, D. M. SMADA, M. ANGHEL, Developing an Interactive System to Provide Management Support for Transportation Research Organizations, Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 20(4), 2011, pp. 420-428.
- MOISESCU M. A., I. S. SACALă, A. M. STăNESCU, C. ŞERBĂNESCU, Towards Integration of Knowledge Extraction form Process Interoperability in Future Internet Enterprise Systems, Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, vol. 14(1), 2012 pp. 1458-1463.
- BANCIU, D., R. M. BONCEA, C. I. ROTUNĂ, M. ANGHEL, Bringing EU Entrepreneurs together through Cross-border Services: SPOCS – a Case Study, Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 21(3), 2012, pp. 303-314.