Versatile Intelligent Portable Robot Control Platform Based on
Cyber Physical Systems Principles*
Victor VLADAREANU1, Ioan DUMITRACHE2, Luige VLADAREANU1,*, Ioan Stefan SACALA2, Gabriela TONT3, Mihnea Alexandru MOISESCU2
1 Institute of Solid Mechanics of the Romanian Academy,
15, C-tin Mille Street, Bucharest, 010141, Romania
2 University “Politehnica” of Bucharest,
313, Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania
3 University of Oradea,
1, University Street, Oradea, 410087, Romania
* Corresponding author
Abstract: This paper studies humanoid and walking robot hybrid dynamic control through optimization of the intelligent control methods in order to increase the robot stability on uneven ground, at variable robot speed and disturbing loads. The robots performances, controlled by the intelligent control interfaces are analyzed and the virtual projection method is applied to the Versatile Intelligent Portable Robot Platform VIPRO developed as a Cyber Physical Systems. The results lead to higher performance, stability, reliability, robustness and efficiency in approaching the predictable robot motion and in the development of new technological capabilities of the physical systems with applications in the field of robotics.
Keywords: Humanoid or walking robots control; cyber physical systems; virtual projection method; stability of walking robots; versatile, intelligent, portable robot control.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Victor VLADAREANU, Ioan DUMITRACHE, Luige VLADAREANU, Ioan Stefan SACALA, Gabriela TONT, Mihnea Alexandru MOISESCU, Versatile Intelligent Portable Robot Control Platform Based on Cyber Physical Systems Principles, Studies in Informatics and Control, ISSN 1220-1766, vol. 24 (4), pp. 409-418, 2015.
Three important industrial revolutions have influenced manufacturing: first, coal, steam and mechanization, second, electricity motors and machines and third Computers, Information Technologies and Internet. The fourth major industrial revolution is currently emerging and is enabled by Future Internet paradigms such as Internet of Things and Internet of Services. Thus, the integration of these emerging technologies in industrial environment is enabled by the Cyber Physical Systems paradigm.
The emerging vision for manufacturing systems is encapsulated in Industrie 4.0 concept developed with the aid of the German government, with the aim of implementing Smart Factories.
Industrie 4.0 vision integrates Cyber-Physical Systems including sensors and actuator networks, intelligent network control systems and human in the loop principles.
In this paper, according to similar researches in the field of humanoid or walking robots real time control [1-4], in order to increase mobility and stability of walking robots movement, the authors’ main challenge is to develop a federated, adaptive, scalable, interoperability-focused robotic system in the field of Cyber-Physical Systems.
- KAJITA, S., F. KANEHIRO, K. KANEKO, K. FUJIWARA, K. HARADA, K. YOKOI, H. HIRUKAWA, Biped Walking Pattern Generation by using Preview Control of Zero-Moment Point, Proceedings of the 2003 Intl. Conference on Robotics and Automation, Taipei, 2003, pp. 1620-1626.
- KAGAMI, S., K. NISHIWAKI, J. KUFFNER, Y. KUNIYOSHI, M. INABA, H. INOUE, Online 3D Vision, Motion Planning and Bipedal Locomotion Control Coupling System of Humanoid Robot H7, Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE/ RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2002, pp. 2557-2562.
- VLADAREANU, L., G. TONT, I. ION, M. S. MUNTEANU, D. MITROI, Walking Robots Dynamic Control Systems on an Uneven Terrain, Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 10, no. 2, 2010, pp. 146-153.
- KIM, J. Y, I. W. PARK, J. H. OH, Experimental Realization of Dynamic Walking of the Biped Humanoid Robot KHR-2 using Zero Moment Point Feedback and Inertial Measurement, Advanced Robotics, Vol. 20, No. 6, 2006, pp. 707-736.
- VLADAREANU, L., I. ION, L. M. VELEA, D. MITROI, A. I. GAL, The Real Time Control of Modular Walking Robot Stability, Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Applications of Electrical Engineering (AEE ’09), Houston, USA, pg.179-186.
- VLADAREANU, V., O. I. SANDRU, VLADAREANU, H. N. YU, Extension Dynamical Stability Control Strategy for the Walking Robots, International Journal of Technology Management, SKIMA 2013, Inderscience Publisher, pp. 1741-5276.
- VLADAREANU, L., L. CAPITANU, Hybrid Force-Position Systems with Vibration Control for Improvement of Hip Implant Stability, Journal of Biomechanics, 45, S1, S279.
- DUMITRACHE, I., S. I. CARAMIHAI, A. STANESCU, From Mass Production to Intelligent Cyber-Enterprise, Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), 2013 19th International Conference on, pp. 399-404, Print ISBN: 978-1-4673-6140-8.
- MOISESCU, M. A., I. S. SACALA, A. M. STĂNESCU, C. ŞERBĂNESCU, Towards Integration of Knowledge Extraction Form Process Interoperability in Future Internet Enterprise Systems, 2012/5/23, Information Control Problems in Manufacturing, vol. 14(1), pp. 1458-1463.
- SACALA, I. S., M. A. MOISESCU, D. REPTA, Towards the Development of the Future Internet Based Enterprise in the Context of Cyber-Physical Systems, Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), 2013 19th International Conference, pp. 405-412.
- POP, N., L. VLADAREANU, I. N. POPESCU, C. GHITA, I. A. GAL, S. CANG, H. N. YU, V. BRATU, M. DENG, A Numerical Dynamic Behaviour Model for 3D Contact Problems with Friction, Computational Materials Science, vol. 94, November 2014, pp. 285-291.
- DUAN, J. C., F. L. CHUNG, A Mamdani Type Multistage Fuzzy Neural Network Model, IEEE Fuzzy Systems Conference, FUZZ ’98, 1998, pp. 1253-8.
- VLADAREANU, V., G. TONT, L. VLADAREANU, F. SMARANDACHE, The Navigation of Mobile Robots în Non-Stationary and Non-Structured Environments, International Journal of Advance Mechatronic Systems vol. 5(4), 01/2013, pp. 232-243.
- VLADAREANU, V., P. SCHIOPU, S. CANG, H. N. YU, Reduced Base Fuzzy Logic Controller for Robot Actuators, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, vol. 555, 2014, pp. 249-258.
- SANDRU, V., C. G. CONSTANTINESCU, M. BOSCOIANU, The use of Analytic Hierarchy Process for the life extension analysis of Air Defense Integrated Systems, Recent Advances in Applied Mathematics, Modelling and Simulation, pp. 203-211, ISBN: 978-960-474-398-8.
- VLADAREANU, V., O. I. SANDRU, P. SCHIOPU, A. SANDRU, L. VLĂDĂREANU, Extension Hybrid Force-Position Control of Mechatronics Systems, First International Symposium of Extenics, Beijing 2013.
- XIAOJIE, W., W. XIAOYUN, H. N. YU, W. HONGBO, L. LING, L. VLADAREANU, O. MELINTE, Kinematics Analysis for the Leg Mechanism of a Wheel-leg Hybrid Rescue Robot, 2014 UKACC International Conference on Control (CONTROL 2014), Loughborough, U.K., 9-11 July 2014, pp. 369-373, IEEE, ISBN 978-1-4799-2518-6.
- L., L. M. VELEA, R. I. MUNTEANU, A. CURAJ, S. CONONOVICI, T. SIRETEANU, L. CAPITANU, M. S. MUNTEANU, Real Time Control Method and Device for Robots in Virtual Projection, Patent no. EPO-09464001, 18.05.2009, EP2105263. Patent OSIM 123527/30.04.2013
- CAI, W., Extension Set and Non-Compatible Problems, Journal of Scientific Exploration, 1983(1), pp. 83-97.
- CHUNYAN, Y., W. CAI, Extension Engineering, Beijing: Science Press, 2007, p. 357.
- SMARANDACHE, F., Extenics in Higher Dimensions, Institute of Extenics and Innovation Methods, Guangdong University of Technology, ISBN: 9781599732039.
- VLADAREANU, V., P. SCHIOPU, L. VLADAREANU, Theory and Application of Extension Hybrid Force-Position Control in Robotics, U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series A, vol. 76(3), 2014, pg.43-54, ISSN 1223-7027.
- SMARANDACHE, F., L. VLADAREANU, Applications of Neutrosophic Logic to Robotics – An Introduction, The 2011 IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Nov. 8-10, 2011, pp. 607-612, ISBN 978-1-4577-0370-6.
- VLADAREANU, L., The Robots’ Real Time Control through Open Architecture Systems, Topics in Applied Mechanics, vol. 3, cap.11, Published by Ed. Academiei 2006, pp. 460-497.
- GILBERT, S., N. LYNCH, S. MITRA, T. NOLTE, BSelf-stabilizing Robot Formations over Unreliable Networks, ACM Trans. on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS) TAAS Homepage archive, Volume 4 Issue 3, July 2009.
- MOISESCU, M. A., I. S. SACALA, Towards the Development of Interoperable Sensing Systems for the Future Enterprise. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2014, pp. 1-22.
- THORSTEINSSON, G., T. PAGE, A. NICULESCU, Using Virtual Reality for Developing Design Communication, Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 19, no. 1, 2010, pp. 93-106.
* This paper is based on a former presentation entitled “Haptic Interfaces for Compensating Dynamics of Rescue Walking Robot” made at the International Conference on Communication, Management and Information Technology 2015. In the current paper we updated the model in order to include the Cyber-Physical System for future integration in the context of Internet of Things. Also, we defined several methods for CPS and optimized the intelligent control.