Web Technologies and Multi-criteria Analysis used in Enterprise Integration
Marius CIOCA1, Lucian – Ionel CIOCA1, Luminiţa DUTA2
1 Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu,
10 Victoriei Blvd., Sibiu, 550024, Romania
2 VALAHIA University of Târgovişte
2 Carol I Blvd., 130024, Târgovişte, Romania
Abstract: The studies, research and solutions presented below started from the acute need of small and medium-sized enterprises to integrate their processes, services and relationships with customers and suppliers, in a cost-effective manner, given the fact that ERP systems are quite expensive for such organizations.
Keywords: Web tehnologies, multi-criterion analysis, modelling languages, enterprise integration.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Marius CIOCA, Lucian-Ionel CIOCA, Luminiţa DUTA, Web Technologies and Multi-criterion Analysis used in Enterprise Integration, Studies in Informatics and Control, ISSN 1220-1766, vol. 20 (2), pp. 129-134, 2011.
The survival and development of Romanian enterprises require alignment with international norms on product and service quality. First and foremost, all top manufacturers and importers require that the products they are supplied with be produced in systems that facilitate their improvement in terms of quality, environment, health, and occupational safety, etc.
This paper aims to create/present a methodology for the integration of the enterprise and its departments as well as the integration of the enterprise with its suppliers and customers in order to answer promptly to changes on the market. The model does not aim at developing a system able to be implemented – from scrap – into an enterprise, but to focus on the integration of the already extant systems (departments, human resources, software, hardware, etc.), because of the lower implementation costs than those involved in the case of a specialized ERP systems, such as SAP (a system which can be purchased by multinational enterprises only, because of its high costs).
- BURAGA, S. C, M. CIOCA, Using Semantic Web Technologies to Enhance the Inter-Connectivity Between the Components of an E-Learning System, 4th Intl. Conf. on RoEduNet Romania, May 20-22, 2005 Targu Mures ROMANIA, pp. 17-18, ISBN: 978-973-7794-29-1;
- CIOCA, M., S. C. BURAGA, New Tools for Human Resource Management in e-Business: Combining UML Language, Reference Architectures and Web Programming, IEEE Intl. Conf. on Industrial Informatics, Aug. 21-24, 2003 Alberta CANADA, pp. 170- 174, ISBN: 0-7803-8200-5;
- CIOCA, M., LI. CIOCA, Multi-criterion Analysis of Reference Architectures and Modeling Languages used in Production Systems Modeling, 3rd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Aug. 10-12, 2005, Perth AUSTRALIA, pp. 230-233, ISBN: 0-7803-9094-6;
- FILIP, F. G., B. BARBAT, Informatica industriala: Noi paradigme si aplicatii, Editura Tehnica, Bucuresti, 1999;
- FILIP, F. G, G. NEAGU, Object Oriented Approach to Software Engineering for CIME, in P. Groumpos (Ed.). Preprint, 8th IFAC/IFIP/IFORS/IMACS/IFIP Symp. “Large Scale Systems: Theory and Applications”, Patras (July 15-17), 9, 1994, pp. 400-404;
- ISO 10303-11:1994 Industrial Automation Systems and Integration – Product data representation and exchange. Part 1: Overview and fundamental principles;
- KOSANKE, K., Comparison of Enterprise Modeling Methodologies. in J. Goosenaerts, F. Kimura, H. Wortmann (Eds.) Information Infrastructure Systems for Manufacturing. Champman & Hall, London, 1997, pp. 115-127;
- KROGSTIE, J., S. ARNESEN, Comparing Languages for Enterprise Modeling using a Language Quality Framework, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Institute of Computer and Information Sciences, 2003;
- NEAGU, G. Contributii privind conceptia si metodele de rezolvare a sistemelor pentru conducerea atelierelor de fabricatie, Teza de doctorat, Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti, 1998;
- OPREAN, C., C. V. KIFOR, Modelling the Implementation, Usage and Maintenance of the ISO 9000 Quality Management System using the Reference Architectures. in TMCM 1998, Iasi, Romania;
- REISIG, W. Petri Nets. Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1985;
- RUTAKYAMIRWA, N. N., Modeling of Business Process in Distributed Environment: a Case Study of Issuance of Certificate of Occupancy in Tanzania, 2002;
- SUDUC, A., M. BIZOI, F. FILIP, User Awareness about Information Systems Usability, Studies in Informatics and Control, Vol. 19(2), June 2010;
- WILLIAMS, TJ et al, Architectures for Integration Activities and Enterprises, Computer in Industry, 24, 1994, pp. 111-139.