User Experience Oriented Mobile Business Process Optimization
Dan CHANG1, Baowei CHEN2, Danqing LI1, Xiaoying HAN1
1 School of Economics and Management, Beijing Jiaotong University
3 Shangyuancun, Haidian District, Beijing, 100044, China
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
2 Junior College, Zhejiang Wanli University
1519 Shengmo Rd, Jinzhou District, Ningbo, 315101, China
Abstract: With the rapid development and wide use of mobile technologies, the mobile business application market has come a long way. The problems of low business collaboration rate and bad user experience in the traditional mobile business process have become a great concern of the academia. Grid management has been a new management philosophy in recent years. As a strong tool to integrate resources, Grid management has been applied and researched in public management of our country. This research is aimed at integrating social mobile business resources to optimize process and promote user experience and the grid management can exactly meet this requirements. Based on the traditional mobile electronic business basic process, this paper targets to promote user experience by building a user experience oriented mobile business optimization mode with the help of grid management theory, and will carry out an optimized verification in the incremental validity, cycle and resource utilization rate of optimized process through ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) process evaluation method.
Keywords: Mobile e-commerce; Grid management; User experience optimization.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Dan CHANG, Baowei CHEN, Danqing LI, Xiaoying HAN, User Experience Oriented Mobile Business Process Optimization, Studies in Informatics and Control, ISSN 1220-1766, vol. 23 (2), pp. 171-182, 2014.
In the past few years, mobile business in China has developed very fast and it has become an important research topic for academics. The researches of the recent years have focused on service and process of mobile business instead of the cognition of mobile business.
However, there is very little research that clearly clarifies the whole system structure of m-Business processes. To our best knowledge, most of the existing studies focus on logical optimization of certain processes, like payment  and authentication . Very few have been found from the point of user experience. Therefore, we believe that research should focus more on how to optimize mobile business process, to improve user experience by providing users with convenient and faster processes, as well as with more reliable service provider, better supervision, and complete guarantee policies.
A grid management based process improvement research provides new solving ideas . The modes of thinking deriving from the grid technology can be helpful in solving resource sharing and business collaboration problems in management. Meanwhile, the development of mobile grid technology makes the application of the grid management theory in mobile business process possible and makes mobile business become stronger, more convenient and better for supervision . In the previous paper, the author dealt with difficulties in traditional m-commerce process, such as information sharing and business collaboration, analysis optimization ability of m-commerce process of grid management, and constructed a multi-participant (user, mobile business center, service providers, mobile payment center and logistics agency) grid m-commerce process based on grid management and business process re-engineering theory .
However, in that research, the author focused more on the improvement of grid m-commerce process which was compared with the traditional m-commerce process. Taking into account the user as the key participant in m-commerce, and the ultimate service consumers, one should admit that without a user-friendly experience any commerce process cannot obtain new customers and retain existing ones. Moreover it cannot lead to high conversion rate or contribute to business deal. Therefore, in this research, a great importance has been given to user roles, combining and improving the previous process. The experience effect of participant as user has been emphasized and a grid m-commerce process has been built aiming to maximize customer benefits.
In addition, the present analysis of mobile business process still stays in the qualitative stage and lacks powerful quantitative evaluation tools. So, with the help of ASME evaluation method, this paper takes time indexes of processes as evaluation object and analyzes processes from the perspective of time efficiency, to calculate quantitatively and evaluate the optimization of the process.
This paper takes B2C mobile business process as a research object, collates current mobile business process and analyzes problems in the process first and then aims to promote user experience, carry out analysis and optimization of mobile business process with the help of the grid management theory, adopting ASME evaluation method for quantum analysis on the process before and after optimization.
- YANG, M., R. T. ZHANG, H. L. YANG, Analysis and Improvement of Advantages and Disadvantages of C2C E-business Trade Flow, Commercial Times, no. 4, 2009, pp. 161-164.
- LIU, L. Z., Y. H. JIAO, Analysis of Process of Physical Distribution in E-commerce Environment, Logistics Technology, vol. 28(12), 2009, pp. 36-39.
- CHI, Z. R., Research of Urban E-government Process Based on Grid Management Theory and Information Distance Theory [D], Shanghai: Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2008.
- DU, L .J., Z. W. YU, Development of Mobile Grid, Computer Engineering and Design, vol. 31(6), 2010, pp. 1166-1169.
- LI, D. Q., D. CHANG, Construction and Arena Simulation of Grid M-Commerce Process, Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO), vol. 10(4), 2012, pp. 1-18.
- FOSTER, I., C. KESSELMAN, S. TUECKE, The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations, International Journal of Supercomputer Applications, vol. 15(3), 2001, pp. 1-24.
- CHANG, D., An Optimization Research of M-Commerce Process Based on Grid Management [D], Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University, 2013.
- ZHENG, S. Y., H. XU, H. C. WANG, A Survey of Grid and Grid Management, Systems Engineering, vol. 23(3), 2005, pp. 1-7.
- YUAN, T. W., H. C. WANG, D. X. MA, Research on the Model and Principle of Griddized Management, Information Science, vol. 25(3), 2007, pp. 456-461.
- REN, G. L., Research on Product Development Process Reengineering [D], Southwest Jiaotong University, 2005.
- KOUROUTHANASSIS, P. E., G. M. GIAGLIS, Introduction to the Special Issue Mobile Commerce: the Past, Present, and Future of Mobile Commerce Research, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, vol. 16(4), 2012, pp. 5-17.
- CHANG, D., W. LIAO, ASME Evaluation on Grid Mobile E-Commerce Process, Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations, vol. 10(3), 2012, pp. 27-43.